Our core values
As a non-governmental organization, humedica Lanka pursues certain core values within its work, which shape our nationwide aid for people in need:
- We are a Christian organization but we are interdenominational, multi-religious, multi-racial, non-political and non-discriminatory in our approach to assist people in need.
- We value people.
- We consider authenticity in terms of actions and communication as particularly valuable.
- Volunteer services are seen as an essential asset of our ministry.
- We regard our courage and spontaneity for rapid aid as an indispensable value.
- We want to appropriately respond to the basic needs of people in emergency situations and still carry on to consider also the special needs of the individual.
- The “Code of Conduct of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-governmental Organisations at disasters” forms the normative foundation of all our humanitarian actions.